Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cherry and Berry Reds!

Today’s inspiration board offers a delightful taste of summer with cherry and berry reds!

{click to enlarge}
Since I was largely inspired by summer fruits, I looked at a lot of delicious dessert recipes and pictures to use with this board. Of course I searched the queen of the kitchen, Martha Stewart. These are some of the things I found from her that I included on the board:
  • Cherries with Kirsch over lemon sorbet

  • Cherry Bombs made with grenadine, lemon-lime soda, and plenty of maraschino cherries!

  • Sour Cherry Pistachio Crisp

  • Chocolate strawberry thumbprint cookies

  • Summer shortcake with strawberries and blueberries looks like a perfect summer dessert.

  • Berry boutonnieres
The other beverage pictures are champagne pomegranate cocktails and fresh raspberries floating in champagne, but I can't remember where I found those pictures -- please email me if you know, so I can give the proper credit!

The red peonies are pictures that I took of some Letterpress ImPress invitations that I found for less than $20 per box -- they include 50 invitations with envelopes, and 50 response cards with envelopes. I love a great deal!

Speaking of great deals...

I found the cute, airy red tiered ruffle chiffon dress for less than $80 on Amazon.
I love the Miss Me Vernice-29 Ankle Strap Pump in Wine – they have a very va-va-voom vintage pin-up girl style, especially if you paired them with some bold red lips. Plus, they’re less than $50!

The Miz Mooz Jillian Wedge in Red are another fun option. They have a more organic and hipster quality to them. I think they’re cute as a button.

I also think these daniblack Wanda slides would be adorable with this theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment