Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunshine Yellow

Since I spent much of last week using pinks in my inspiration boards, I've decided to avoid pink all-together this week. The focus of today is all about shades of one delightful color: sunshine yellow!

{click to enlarge}

I just wanted this yellow inspiration board to radiate warmth and fun. This could be perfect for a light-hearted spring or summer wedding. The flower possibilities are great for yellow themes. I used daffodils, narcissus and calla lilies, but you could also go for gladiolus, tulips, roses, daisies, and buttery yellow stock.

I love bow accents with this cute theme. The dress is by Thread. The brighter yellow heels with the bows are called Rossi by Steve Madden. The darker yellow peek-a-boo pumps are Pura Lopez from Nordstrom.

The bow shaped napkin fold and the lovely wedding cakes are from Martha Stewart Weddings.

For the menu, lemons are an obvious choice -- lemonade, lemon sorbet, maybe even lemon meringue tarts? Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment