Friday, May 29, 2009

Oregon Coast Intimate Wedding

With Dylan's graduation looming (YAY DILLY!), we've both been fantasizing about another trip to the Oregon coast. If you've ever been to the Oregon coast, you know how beautiful and relaxing it is. Rather than trying to coordinate a fancy shindig, I wanted to keep the details low-key and natural. As much as I love wedding planning and all the beautiful details, the idea of a small oceanside ceremony does have a strong appeal.

{click to enlarge}
Most of the beach pictures were taken by us somewhere between Lincoln City, Depoe Bay and Newport, Oregon. The lighthouse picture is from Yaquina Head in Newport. The picture of the deck overlooking the ocean is from Stonecrest Bed & Breakfast -- we haven't been there yet, but it's on my list of places I'd like to check out.

I will note that if you're fantasizing about a barefoot beach wedding, do your research on the weather and temperature averages before you choose your date. We went during spring break last year -- that's me freezing my butt off in the eskimo hood.

The sand dollar cookies are from Grandma Lulu's -- you can buy a whole case of them for a surprisingly reasonable price!

The cute cake topper and seashell picture frame / placecard holder are from Island Wedding Shop.

I LOVE the shell bouquet idea. I've seen it done several ways, but I thought the all white had a nice, simple elegance.

And last, but not least, the amazing wedding invitations are by Printable Press. I love how detailed and ornate they are. They seem much more artsy and upscale than the standard "beach" theme invitations I usually see.


I have a few additional ideas for the couples who want to keep things less formal (and maybe even a little extra fun.) I am OBSESSED with Williams-Sonoma specialty bakeware. I have found some of the cutest baking pans lately, and several of them are PERFECT for a beach event. The shell tea cakes are just about the cutest wedding favor / snack for a beach wedding. If you want to keep things super simple, I think the sandcastle cake would be an adorable cake option. And if you're especially playful and whimsical, I vote for the octopus cake. It makes me want a beach wedding just so I can have that cake. Maybe as a groom's cake? Love it!

The message in a bottle from Hanson Ellis can be sent out as invitation, but I also think it could be a cute way to send a wedding announcement if you decide to sneak away and elope.

No comments:

Post a Comment