Thursday, May 14, 2009

Introduction

I am a recently engaged woman who has been endlessly fascinated by the wedding planning and inspiration blogs I've found on-line. I'm having a fantastic time planning our wedding, and that has led to me helping a few other friends plan their upcoming weddings and events. In the spirit of sharing information and inspiration, I've decided to join the club and start my own blog.

I'm currently a little obsessed with inspiration boards. I love the idea of a collage of pictures that give an example of not only the colors, but key elements, and the overall feeling of your dream wedding. It's a great way to be able to communicate your ideas in a way that people can understand clearly, which is so helpful when you're planning something as important as your wedding and reception!

A little bit about my wedding style preferences...

My likes:
Elegant
Down to earth
DIY / homemade
Unique, personalized
Budget-friendly
Sentimental

My dislikes:
Generic
Over-done
That as little girls we've been raised to imagine our "dream weddings" that in reality would cost $100k. I'm all for having a lovely, charming wedding and reception without paying the price of a house down-payment!

I'm going to post inspiration boards that I've put together, and just other pictures that I find fun, beautiful, helpful or inspirational. I have a ton of pictures saved on my computer, so I may not be able to identify where the pictures have come from -- if I've posted something of yours and you'd like credit for it or you'd like me to take it down, I'd be happy to oblige. In the future, I'll try to be more mindful of where the images come from.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment